Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Munich woody

 Florian Rothmoser has emailed me the following... "I've been following your blog about wooden surfboards for some years now. It's really a great source of inspiration for me. Since a few years I also build wooden surfboards, now I finished number six. Living near Munich in Bavaria, the atlantic ocean is more than 10 hours drive away. But as you probably know, there's a riverwave at the Eisbach in the center of Munich. I build a wooden surfboard especially designed for this wave."
" I use a EPS core, hotwire it to shape and glue 3mm poplar ply on it. On nose and tail I use several layers of birch ply for protection."

" The rails are hollow and made of pinewood. The board is not glassed, only some epoxy to protect it from the water."

Thanks Florian for sharing your great looking board and your river surfing. Very interesting for those of us who have never tried. Check out his blog and other projects. fonasurf.wordpress.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great story of your grandpa and leaving you specials.