Saturday, May 5, 2012

John White calls it a day

John White of Paulownia Timber Sales in Northern NSW as decided to call it a day. He has been a great source of quality Paulownia to many of us here on the Gold Coast and further afield.Very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. Old school service and enthusiasm is always appreciated. We wish him well in his retirement and thank him for all his help in the past.

"Old age and the general state of my health has forced me into retirement.  I am nearly 75 so it is not unexpected.

I have been fortunate to get someone from the Gold Coast to take over my small business.  His name is Geoff Moase and besides being a chippy by trade he also makes hollow wooden surf boards under the name of Dovetail.

He will be sourcing his Paulownia from the same mill that I used so you can expect the same quality timber.  He will also use IPEC to send orders and the freight charges will be on the same scale as mine were.  In other words it will be as though Whitewood is still in business except that Geoff is better qualified to offer customers advice.

I would like to thank all my customers.  I have enjoyed communicating with you and will miss this aspect of the business now I have retired."

Regards
John

Geoff's contact details are :

Phone no                 0411 676 854
Business Address    3/8 Alex Fisher Drive Burleigh Heads Qld 4220
Email address          geoff@paulowniatimbersales.com.au
Web site                  paulowniatimbersales.com.au


Geoff is an accomplished wooden board builder here on the Gold Coast and has been to The Wooden Board Day with a great quiver of his light weight boards. He knows what it takes to build a nice board and that there are many and varied approaches to building one. So he is ideally suited to take over the reins from John.
He has always loved working with timber from a very young age. It had kind of a natural attraction to him and with his surfing it was exactly the same.He had always had a dream of making a surfboard out of wood but kept putting it off due to working many hours, having kids etc. So when he finally got around to it was like he'd found the perfect lifestyle combination.

" I also realised that I wasn't the only one drawn to the craft, that there were countless surfers all over the world hidden away in basements, garages and workshops passionately chipping and buzzing away. I feel wooden boards are a much better path for surfing to take."

"Many of you would know John White and know what a great bloke he is and how he goes right out of his way to get people what they need. I was flattered when he asked if I was interested in taking over his business and feel I've been handed an opportunity to get involved with what I love. The plantation, on the mid-north coast of NSW is run by a guy who is just like John and works with me to supply clients' specific needs."



Geoff plans to expand the business gradually and offer a wider range of products and services such as complete packages to build a board from. Machined and finished panels or talk to him for your needs. I think you will find him to be the go to guy you have been looking for. I look forward to working with him on some of my own upcoming projects. But a big thanks must go to John White for what he started and I wish you well.

2 comments:

Ecurb said...

Good luck to you Geoffrey This is your time
Bruce

Unknown said...

Very Interesting Information! Thank You For This Blog!
Custom Home Builder Gold Coast