Sunday, July 3, 2011

Frank's new fish

Frank is a bus driver here on the Gold Coast and in his down time loves a surf and spending time in the shed building his next wooden board. Here is his latest offering.

" I’ve started the new fish and attached are some pics of it as it was last week. I went to Tyalgum today to pick up the timber for the rails from John White, who has the paulownia plantation there. For the deck I’ll be using mainly hoop pine and some hardwood as a contrast. This board will be built almost entirely without the use of fibreglass or epoxy, the exceptions being to securely anchor the finboxes (quad-fin setup) and leashplug. I’m using only polyurethane glue and will use varnish to finish it. Now that the framework for it is assembled it already looks like a fast, slippery shape."

" I’ll keep you updated with the progress and with a bit of luck it may be finished for this year’s Wooden Board Day."

Thanks Frank and I hope you get enough time to have it ready for the first weekend in August.

No comments: